It is also formed by the normative framework of our Migros Group strategy. The primary duties of our executive staff therefore include: exemplifying our cultural and ethical values each day, basing their actions on the value proposition made to our stakeholders, striving to achieve our vision "Migros – a better life every day" and actively acknowledging our common goals.
We promote executives who conduct their business successfully with a high degree of entrepreneurial self-reliance and to the benefit of the whole. Exemplifying and promoting our common values, as well as thinking and acting within the overall group concept, are prerequisites for any career within the Migros Group. To strengthen our group identity and culture, we encourage the exchange of executive staff between the different business units.
The decision makers within the Migros Group are aware of their economic, social and environmental responsibility towards all stakeholders. These conduct directives also reflect the will and legacy of Migros founder Gottlieb Duttweiler.
Our values encompass the following principles:
- Basic cooperative idea – Our identity is shaped by the basic cooperative idea – this enables us to utilise the profits that are not needed to safeguard the company to improve the quality of life of our customers, employees and society. Being a cooperative also means that many interests must be in tune with each other and taken into account – in this respect, we are multifaceted, just like Switzerland with its basic federal structure.
- Tradition and diversity – We are proud to be a Swiss company – and of our tradition and history. At the same time, we are receptive to global diversity.
- Sustainability – We are success- and performance-oriented, while being committed to sustainability. This means finding a balance between business, environmental and social demands.
- Credibility – We are trustworthy and responsible, because we think, talk and act honestly, predictably and reliably in our business relationships. We make ourselves trustworthy by checking, and having others check, that we really deliver what we promise. We maintain an open dialogue, both internally and externally.
- Openness – Our openness, curiosity and interests are geared towards improving the quality of life of our customers.
- Passion – We draw inspiration from addressing their needs, and we put all our professional passion into continuously surprising and satisfying them with our new products and services.