The Committee is responsible for ensuring that an appropriate President of the FMC Assembly of Delegates, Chairman of the FMC Board of Directors and CEO are elected, taking into account the voting regulations. It also suggests potential nominees to the Board of Directors. In addition, it helps the Board of Directors to review the CEO's proposal to the members of the Executive Board. The Committee also makes proposals for external boards of directors in FMC subsidiaries with permanent external boards of directors.
Where there is a conflict of interest, the members concerned do not participate. The Committee consists only of external, independent members. In the case of impending nominations, two additional members may join the Committee. The Committee met four times in 2014.
- Andrea Broggini (Chairman; external, independent)
- Doris Aebi (external, independent), Jean-René Germanier (external, independent)
In performing its duties, the Audit Committee has unrestricted access to the management of all group companies and their business records and documents. The Audit Committee operates in accordance with the rules of Best Practice, which are observed by large Swiss business enterprises. The Committee reports regularly to the Board of Directors about the results of its inspections and proposes appropriate measures when necessary. The Audit Committee consists only of external, independent members; it held four meetings in 2014.
- Roger Baillod (Chairman; external, independent)
- Dominique Biedermann (external, independent), Paola Ghillani (external, independent),
- Hans A. Wüthrich (external, independent)
The Audit Committee consists primarily of external, independent members; it held four meetings in 2014.
- Ursula Schoepfer (Chairwoman; external, independent)
- Lorenzo Emma (internal), Thomas Rudolph (external, independent), Marc Schaefer (internal),
- Heinz Winzeler (external, independent)
In addition to the Chairman, the Migros Retail Committee (ADH) includes the ten managing directors of the cooperatives as well as the members of the Executive Board (no voting rights). Only having internal members on the Migros Retail Committee (ADH) recognises the fact that the committee is responsible for preparing the Cooperative Retailing strategy for the Board of Directors as well as performing operational tasks which help coordinate the core business. Close coordination of the core business is essential. Since 2014, the Board of Directors is being supplemented by two additional external members for advising and voting on strategic issues.
The 17 (or 19) members of the Committee met on six occasions in 2014.
- Herbert Bolliger (Chairman, internal)
- Max Alter
- Christian Biland
- Philippe Echenard
- Lorenzo Emma
- Jürg Blunschi
- Stefano Patrignani
- Marc Schaefer
- Felix Meyer
- Beat Zahnd
- Marcelle Junod (all internal)
Strategic issues in addition:
- Doris Aebi (external, independent)
- Paola Ghillani (external, independent)
Six members of the Executive Board (no voting rights, all internal)