Our consumer and service products are oriented to everyday needs, to all levels of society and their specific needs regarding quality of life.
Our shared path to the future
The strategy sets a framework for the orientation of Migros' strategic business units. It is developed by the Executive Board on behalf of the FMC Board of Directors and approved by the latter. The entire Migros Group is bound by its targets, values and management principles.
It defines annual targets and roles, which are fulfilled by the Executive Board. Adopting and pursuing strategic initiatives creates potential for added value, which can only be exploited with a joint, integrated effort.
- We want to remain the undisputed market leader in the Swiss retail sector. In the other business units, we assume a leading position in the corresponding market segment.In the spirit of Gottlieb Duttweiler, we undertake to offer our customers the best value for money.
In the Cooperative Retailing sector, we benefit from having full control of large parts of the value-added chain. Accordingly, we operate industrial, logistics and retail enterprises within the Group.
Our own industrial companies fulfil a dual role here: They develop and manufacture innovative own brands that offer Swiss quality at reasonable prices, as well as selling to third parties in Switzerland and other countries.
In the Cooperative Retailing sector in particular, this will also help us position our company as the product leader and differentiate ourselves from our competitors in the long term.
International purchasing allows us to buy the most reasonably priced products while taking into account ethical and ecological principles.
- We target growth abroad with the intention of strengthening the existing business units and the Migros Group.
- We also aim to grow by developing digital business models (cross-channel) and transforming the traditional locations.
- We strive for profitable growth for the Migros Group as a whole.
- To our customers: Migros is the Swiss company that is passionately committed to improving all its customers' quality of life.
- To our employees: As a model employer, we provide our employees with the right conditions for a motivating, performance-oriented working environment that also attracts the best workers.
- To our cooperative members: We undertake to create values that guarantee the continued existence of Migros in the long term.
- To our suppliers: We aim to collaborate directly with our suppliers based on the free market economy and fair competition. We are constantly improving our products and services, promoting the health and well-being of the population and setting ecological and social standards for working and production conditions.
- To society: We promote the free and independent fulfilment of human potential. Migros Culture Percentage gives a broad section of the population access to culture and education and enables people to be part of the cultural, social and economic changes in society. We manage our core business in a socially acceptable way that preserves resources. With our pioneering work, we create unique added value for people, wildlife and the environment.
Migros' strategic business units and business entities act as stand-alone businesses as far as possible. They are assigned clear objectives and roles. Potential synergies between the businesses are fully exploited.
Migros has made it its business to improve the quality of life of its customers. All companies within the Migros Group must align their activities to this integral guiding principle.
The Migros Group's consumer and service products are oriented to everyday needs, to all levels of society and their specific needs regarding quality of life. We undertake to offer the best value for money.
We operate industrial, logistics and retail enterprises within the Group. Other business units also enhance and complement our ability to improve our customers' quality of life.